Here’s what you can expect from a Advanced Therapy (TMS) sessions
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) uses a targeted pulsed magnetic field, similar to what is used in an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) machine. While the patient is awake and alert, NeuroStar TMS Therapy stimulates areas of the brain that are underactive in depression.
- You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair
- A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head
- NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain
- You’ll hear a clicking sound and feel a tapping sensation on your head
- You can resume normal activities immediately
- Because there are no effects on alertness or memory, you can drive yourself to and from treatment sessions